Thursday, October 20, 2005

Showtime again

Round 1 of my final tournament for the year starts tonite. 1 game friday, 2 on saturday, 2 on sunday and 1 on monday for 6 rounds total.

The tourney is at the chess club I play for, so I have homeground advantage ;) And since its only a few minutes away from where I live, I should be able to give daily updates...

Last year in this tourney I had 3.5/4 with 2 rounds remaining, and lost them both. I havent done much tactics work in the 2 weeks since the last tourney, so once again I'm not feeling very positive about my chances, I just have to try to play as carefully as possible.

The national rating list will come out a couple of weeks after this tourney. Then I can see if my last 6 months of training effort have made a difference :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Good luck!

PS

6:09 PM  
Blogger Smith-Morra said...

Thanks, just 1 hour to go now till first round, doing some last minute brushing up on my openings...

9:23 PM  
Blogger chesslovers said...

congrats...get them.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home