Thursday, October 13, 2005

Verdict

Time now to really consider if the tactics blitz was useful...

On the surface it does look to have been pretty successful, who can argue with a result of 4/5?! :) Using the set of goals that were stated at the start, then there is no question that this has been a success.

On the other hand I have to say, I do not feel that that I have improved my tactical abilities in the slightest! Two reasons firstly, the short timeframe, and secondly the material choosen was too varied.

MDLM is compared to learning multiplication tables, but the collection of tactics I chose was more like trying to lean multiplication tables by being asked "what is 2x3=?, what is 5x8=?, what is 7x9=?" etc, when we all know that the best way to learn multiplication tables is to learn the 1 times table, then 2 times table, then the 3 times table etc, ie start from the easiest and work upwards, and always keep things grouped together.

So I am now going to work out a plan for the next stage of my tactics training, which will be more like learning multiplication, ie start with the easiest, and learn in groups, and steadly move towards the harder tactics.

My next weekend tournement is in two weeks, and I'm trying to catch up at work, so I wont do much tactics for 2 weeks. After this next tourney I will properly formulate my plan for longer term tactics study ..... stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home