Thursday, September 01, 2005

Context

I should put my quest for better results in more context.. studying tactics is not the only thing I am doing, although it is now a major part of my training regime (for the next 30 days anyway)

I am also:

* Studying my openings (and switched to gambit openings for white earlier this year)
* Taking group lessons from a FM once a week
* Taking individual lessons from the same FM about twice a month
* Playing as many rated OTB games as possible (not many round here)
* Analysing my own games (with a little help from my german friend Fritz)
* Doing this tactics blitz thing

So, if I do achieve my goals for my next tourny, it cant be attributed entirely to the tactics blitz - but it should definately help.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to the Knights Errant. In case you would like some practice, we can play at www.redhotpawn.com My id is IndianGuru

7:44 PM  
Blogger Smith-Morra said...

Hi, I've sent a two game match request to you on ItsYourTurn :) Hopefully I will find time to play, I am very busy right now! ... but still welcome the chance for practice games

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home